Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hands #14 - After Durer, My Interpretation


I will always and forever be inspired and enthralled by the works of Albrecht Durer.
... the long fingers delicately offering up a simple sprig of two small leaves... the ornate cuff with the deep folds... 
of course his original work has far more nuances than mine here, but I am glad a good deal of his work remains for us to emulate and appreciate. 

Working on this drawing now, seemed very fitting as it felt like an offering of Spring.

approx. 8" x 12", charcoal,  in my sketchbook

10 comments:

Penny said...

stunning, my drawing has come to a bit of a halt but would never be as good as this. Love it.

Guillaume said...

Delicate.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVELY

Faye Henry said...

It must be wonderful to have such a talent.. xo

Cuidado said...

If I could emulate either one of you, I would be most pleased. My fingers are stained red these days with hands in the soil. Ahhh, spring. Cold but so, so welcome. I can bet your hands have been in the soil too.

A Heron's View said...

A well drawn hand is like an orthopaedic road map. For the life style and industry of the person becomes very apparent and that is why the art of the great masters is so important.

Seth said...

Beautiful drawing. There is a lot of life and history in that hand!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Hands are almost as expressives as faces, aren't they? And just as hard to draw, I think. I enjoy very much your "offering of spring"...

George said...

Beautiful work, Gwen! I'm inspired by your sensitivity and dedication.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thank you, All you Sweethearts... Spring must be the most anticipated season of them all.. the freshness, the growth, all the wonders that have hidden themselves away during the previous season of the earth sleeping.
My best to you! xo